Right of withdrawal for consumers
(A consumer is any natural person who concludes a legal transaction for purposes that cannot be assigned primarily to their commercial or freelance occupational activities.)
Instructions to exercise the right of withdrawal
Right of withdrawal
You have the right to withdraw from this contract within 14 days without giving reasons.
The withdrawal period is 14 days from the day
– on which you or a third party named by you, other than the carrier, takes or took possession of the goods, insofar as you ordered one or more items in one order and this is delivered in one shipment;
– on which you or a third party named by you, other than the carrier, takes or took possession of the last of the goods, insofar as you ordered several items in one order and these are delivered separately.
To exercise your right of withdrawal, contact us Schraml – Die Steinwald-Brennerei e.K., Pfarrgasse 22, 92681 Erbendorf, Germany, phone: +49 9682 18369 0, fax: +49 9682 1836930, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org) , clearly stating your decision to withdraw from this contract (for example, a letter sent by mail, fax or e-mail). You may use the attached sample withdrawal form but this is not mandatory.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, it is sufficient for you to send the notice that you are exercising the right of withdrawal before the end of the withdrawal period.
Consequences of withdrawal
If you withdraw from this contract, we are obliged to promptly return to you all payments we have received from you including the delivery costs (with the exception of additional costs incurred because you chose a delivery method other than the least expensive, standard delivery offered by us) no later than within 14 days from the date on which the notice of withdrawal from this contract is received by us. For said repayment, we shall use the same means of payment you used for the original transaction unless anything different was expressly agreed with you. In no case will you be charged any fees for said repayment.
We may refuse repayment until the goods have been returned to us or until you provide proof that you have sent back the goods, whichever occurs sooner.
You are obliged to return or hand over the goods to us promptly and in any case no later than within 14 days from the date on which you notify us of withdrawal from this contract. This deadline is considered met if you send the goods before the end of the 14-day term.
The direct costs for returning the goods are borne by you.
You are only responsible for any loss in the value of the goods if this loss in value is due to the handling of the goods by you in a manner that is not required to verify the condition, characteristics and functionality of the goods.
Exclusions and reasons for invalidity
The right of withdrawal does not apply to contracts
– for the delivery of goods that are not ready-made and for the production of which an individual selection or determination by the consumer is significant, or that are clearly tailored to the consumer's personal requirements;
– for the delivery of goods that are perishable or for which the expiry date would quickly be exceeded;
– for the delivery of alcoholic beverages, the price of which was agreed upon the conclusion of the contract but that can be delivered no sooner than 30 days after concluding the contract and the current value of which depends on market fluctuations beyond the company's control;
– for the delivery of newspapers and magazines with the exception of subscription contracts.
The right of withdrawal expires early in case of contracts
– for the delivery of sealed goods that are not suitable to be returned for reasons of health protection or hygiene, when their seal is broken after delivery;
– for the delivery of goods when they are inextricably mixed with other goods after delivery due to their characteristics;
– for the delivery of sound or video recordings or computer software in sealed packaging when the seal is broken after delivery.
Sample withdrawal form
(If you want to withdraw from the contract, please fill out this form and return it to us.)
– To: Schraml – Die Steinwald-Brennerei e.K., Pfarrgasse 22, 92681 Erbendorf, Germany, fax: +49 9682 1836930, e-mail address: email@example.com
– I/we (*) hereby withdraw from the contract concluded with me/us (*) for the purchase of the following goods (*)/
the provision of the following services (*)
– Ordered on (*)/received on (*)
– Name of the consumer(s)
– Address of the consumer(s)
– Signature of the consumer(s) (only for notice on paper)
(*) Cross out what does not apply.